POSTED ON: 21st of April 2021
TITLE: Operations and Finance Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
Art in Healthcare is a charitable company limited by guarantee with a company registration number of SC278142 and Scottish Charity registration number of SC036222. We are a highly effective Scottish charity meeting health needs through our innovative visual art activities.
There are three strands of work that we provide;
- Artwork rental service, which is from our very own prestigious art collection. We have over 1,600 pieces of artwork from a variety of professional artists. We exhibit this work in medical and care environments to soothe, inspire and engage.
- Participatory art workshops and programmes are delivered to vulnerable people in community and care settings.
- Bespoke services. This can range from tailored programmes of art talks or workshops for staff, visitors and patients/residents to bespoke commissions and exhibitions for working environments and public spaces. We are always open to new ideas, unexplored territory and innovative approaches.
Our vision is ‘Art for every healthcare setting in Scotland’, and our mission is to use visual art to improve health and wellbeing. We value putting the person at the centre of their own health and wellbeing, humanising healthcare environments and emphasising the positive impact of the visual arts.
1. To use visual art to improve and humanise the healthcare environment.
2. To promote health improvement due to engagement with visual art for individuals and communities.
3. To foster and sustain productive relationships with key partners in the NHS, community health sector, arts sector and wider community.
4. To build the capacity of the organisation in order to increase the scale and scope of its positive impact.
Terms and Conditions
The post is part-time, at four days (30 hours) per week from Monday to Thursday (these days are flexible).
The salary scale is from £24,027 to £26,529 pro rata.
Holiday entitlement is 22.5 days a year - equivalent to 28 days for someone working five days a week. Public holidays are taken when they fall on days normally worked.
Skills and Experience
· Have at least two years’ experience as a finance/office administrator, including accruals bookkeeping and understanding of legislative reporting requirements.
· High degree of competence in graphics software for promotional and marketing purposes, such as Photoshop and InDesign.
· Experience of co-ordinating and planning marketing and communication activities across a company, including content on social media, website and newsletters.
· Good numerical skills and experience of using financial software, such as Paxton or Sage and maintaining accurate financial and staff records.
· Experience of preparing reports for a board.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Good planning and organisational skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· A diploma or equivalent qualification in office, arts or business management.
· Experience of submitting funding applications to Trusts/Foundations and supporting relationships with corporate sponsors.
· Experience of developing and running a membership scheme.
· Experience of supporting events, including exhibitions.
· Understanding of the arts and/or health sectors in Scotland.
· Experience of line managing temporary staff and/or volunteers.
· Develop, implement and maintain effective office management procedures to support the sound and legally compliant organisation of Art in Healthcare.
· Draft and maintain the company’s schedule of policies for approval by the Board.
· Use Paxton financial software to maintain accurate and appropriate financial records for the effective management of the organisation.
· Create financial analyses and reports of budget variance for quarterly Finance Committee meetings.
· Work with the Executive Director to prepare the company’s annual budget, including notes to explain figures.
· Work with the Executive Director to project-manage the roll out of corporate plans.
· Manage day-to-day financial transactions, such as paying invoices, invoicing clients and depositing funds, to maintain an accurate record and to track against budgets.
· Liaise with accountants to support the production of statutory annual accounts.
· Ensure that accurate records are passed to an external provider to create an accurate payroll and pensions.
· Produce appropriate staff contracts and personally maintain staff records in respect of annual leave, PAYE, HMRC, and salary.
· Make sure the organisation has proper insurance.
· Co-ordinate and plan marketing and communication activities across the charity, including content on social media, the website and newsletter
· Maintain a database of all Art in Healthcare friends and members, maintain appropriate contact to collect subscriptions, give thanks for donations and engage friends and members through the organisation of events.
· Collate and distribute all papers for the Board, including the accurate production of the minutes of the Board Meetings.
· Write and/or liaise with others to produce copy for the regular newsletter and create the Adopt an Artwork certificates.
· Use appropriate software including InDesign and Photoshop to design and create the company’s annual review, quarterly newsletter, flyers, adverts, greetings cards, books, signage and exhibition catalogues.
· Attend events and take payments for high-value art at exhibitions.
· Organise paperwork for loans for customers who wish to take advantage of the Own Art Scheme.
· Ensure that the organisation complies with relevant Health and Safety legislation including carrying out of first aid training, H&S inductions and risk assessments.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and we are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter (please make each of these two sides of A4 at most) to . The closing date for applications is Thursday 6 May, with interviews anticipated to be held via Zoom on Thursday 13 May.